top of page

Tech Forum

View posts below.


This post is from a suggested group

Patrik StarPatrik Star
Patrik Star

Last night I was browsing job listings and suddenly started thinking about changing jobs

Last night, just out of curiosity, I started looking at job listings because I haven’t felt like I’m growing in my current position for a long time. That’s when I stumbled upon sharkscode. Can anyone tell me what their work is like? I don’t want to switch jobs only to get bored again in six months.

5 Views
Arctic Motion
54 minutes ago

I understand where you’re coming from—I also changed jobs for exactly that reason at one point. https://sharkscode.com/   caught my attention because of the variety of fields and technologies their specialists work with. For me, that was a plus because I wanted to try something new, not just switch companies. Before applying, I’d look at a few job postings and find out what kind of tasks they assign to employees after the probationary period.

Edited

This post is from a suggested group

Arctic MotionArctic Motion
Arctic Motion
4 hours ago · posted in Tech Forum

Over the weekend, I came across the name BePlay, and it made me realize that I’ve never really paid attention to who develops the games I play. I did a bit of research and ended up discovering Slotcity, which got me wondering. When you’re looking for a new game, do you usually pay attention to the developer behind it, or do you mostly choose based on the game itself?

14 Views
Static Wander
4 hours ago

I’ve only started paying attention to game developers recently. When I came across https://slotcity.ua/providers/beplay , I decided to look through the games listed there just out of curiosity. It’s pretty convenient when everything from one provider is collected in one place, so you don’t need to search for each title separately. I usually check the visuals and game names first, then open the ones that look interesting. Sometimes it’s actually more enjoyable to browse without having a particular game in mind.

Edited

This post is from a suggested group

Fabian Valdez
Fabian Valdez
9 days ago · posted in Tech Forum

Outputs have 10v when all off

Hello, first time using a PDM15 v2 so im wondering if i have made an error myself in the programming, Im trying to test my ecu on and off but everytime i turn off the output the ecu is staying on because the output reads 10.5-10.8v, same goes for all the other outputs those devices just dont turn on, they all read 10.5-10.8v, ive tested all the outputs in case of any back feed and there is no power going back other than the Pin 3 on the green DT connector that requires power. Thanks for your help!

177 Views
jeff
Sep 21

Unless you have a pulldown resistor attached to the output, or an actual load, then you will see this. We have an installation where one of the outputs drives a fuel transfer pump. The output line is also connected to an engine monitor input to display an alert when the pump is on. If the pump is not connected, the monitor thinks the pump is on because the output floats high. But when the pump is connected, everything functions as expected.

This post is from a suggested group

Canbus stream not sending voltage values



I have a project that im working on that im looking to stream all of the voltages from the inputs directly to another canbus device and it looks like nothing is coming in on the input #6 and 7 which are setup as temperature sensors (and are at 2.3v in the first input picture) Kvaser on the same bus is capturing that 00xx data is coming through even though there is definitely voltages on this input. This specifically seems to only affect the inputs, the outputs do output the proper voltage all the way down to 0v atleast on the HS, not sure about the LS. This isnt a major issue on this project, just wanted to bring it up to the developer for fixing in the future.

94 Views
alain.duerr
alain.duerr
3 days ago

I have the same problem

I found out that in version 1.31, you have to select “16-bit/unsigned” for the water temperature, while in version 1.26, you have to select “16-bit/signed.”

Check out the pictures.


This post is from a suggested group

Paul Medway
Paul Medway
12 days ago · posted in Tech Forum

PDM25 V1 CAN Stream

I have a PDM25 V1 and a PDM25 V2.


The V2 exposes the hardwire can stream contents in the configurator and I'm good with that, but the V1 doesn't.


I hoped that, by ticking the enable stream checkbox and selecting the Hardwire option, it would output a similar stream.


That doesn't seem to be the case and you can't load a config file in either.


I've looked at the hwpdm file (JSON) in the hope that I could just paste in the file from the V2, but the properties are different.


Also, the v2 stream uses 40 frames, which would use all of the available frames in the V1, which isn't ideal.


70 Views

This post is from a suggested group

Tuan LuongTuan Luong
Tuan Luong
19 days ago · posted in Tech Forum

PDM25v2 FW 1.3.0 CAN IMU output

I would like to stream IMU angle over CAN with my PDM25v2 on FW1.3.0. I have enable the can stream and is able to monitor the CAN message coming out. What I am concerned about is that all the value for angles are exactly zero while variable monitor is showing small angle of +-0.05 so I would expect to see some values in the CAN stream. The module is already mounted so tilting it to check might be harder to do so I would like to check if I am missing anything before diving more. Additional information is that the IMU is shown to be uncalibrated in the IMU tab so I'm not sure if that would gate the CAN output although it is showing on variable monitor. If IMU needs calibration, what is the process as I do not see the necessary GUI element for calibrating the IMU.

108 Views

This post is from a suggested group

pdm can issue

i have a pdm15 was working just fine and now it won't work at all. keypad turns on but when buttons are pressed nothing happens. Dash turns on, windows work. no keypad functions work. firmware wont update and can't program. keypad and dash are very slow to turn on as well. Takes a lot longer than it used to for it to wake up. nothing has changed.

143 Views

Hi, Please send your config to contact@hardwire-electronics.co.uk It sounds like a CAN bus issue. check the CAN wiring and check the termination resistors.

This post is from a suggested group

Upgrade then restore backup?

Is it still true that it's not possible to restore a config backup after updating the firmware? I'd like to update my PDM25+ from 1.1.5 to 1.1.6, but don't want to set the whole thing up again like last time.

147 Views
jefish0622
4 hours ago

No answer?

This post is from a suggested group

pre June 2020 PDM15 Input upgrade?

Does anyone know is a pre June 2020 PDM15 be upgraded to have pull down resistors ?

Without them I am having to put additional external components into my wiring that I'd rather not do.

I've been looking at making a simple PCB with grounded 10K resistors for all inputs. Don't supposes anyone has done this already and might share a PCB design?

183 Views
bottom of page